CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday 22 June 2012

Mall Haul (Hot Topic, Charlotte Russe, rue21, and SHOES)

I figured that rather than writing a long, boring introductory post, I would begin my blog with a decently sized haul. However, I would advise you to check out the other pages if you want to learn more about what this blog is going to be about.

All right! So, I went to the mall today. The main reason I went was because I knew Hot Topic was having their big "Hot Mess" sale, and I wanted to see if they had any reasonably priced items before everything sold out. I did end up visiting Charlotte Russe, rue21, and a local shoe store afterwards, though. The items below are what I bought and the prices I bought them for. (Please note that many of the items I bought were on sale/clearance and the prices may vary in the stores you go to.) I'll try to provide the exact item name, though in some cases I may not be able to.

Hot Topic

Hot Topic was the first place I went. I bought two t-shirts, two dresses, a necklace, and a pair of thigh-high tights. They were all on sale, so many of the items were very low-priced.



Panic! at the Disco t-shirt
$4.99
Hollywood Undead t-shirt
$4.99
















I will be modifying these t-shirts because I am not a fan of crew necks. I always cut the neckline off all my band t-shirts and sew them back up. I'll post a tutorial on how to do this once I get around to modifying these. The Hollywood Undead one fits perfectly, but the Panic! shirt is a bit large. I may end up doing something funky to the sides of it to make it fit more tightly.



Chevron Tube Dress
$9.99
 






























Tutu Stripe Dress
$9.99




























I adore the Chevron Tube Dress. It is very form-fitting around the waist and bust, which I am a fan of, because I have a relatively small waist that I like to be very defined. It is a very cute, flattering, comfortable dress. It's also not too tight around the arms, which is something that I find to be annoying about many tube dresses.

The Tutu Stripe Dress, however, isn't quite as flattering. It kind of makes me look like a fairy because the lace poofs out A LOT. It reminds me of a goth Disney princess. Or a fairy. Whichever you prefer. It is very cute, though, which is why I bought it, and I more than likely will use it for a costume or some sort of special event in the future.





Skull Red Plaid Thigh-Highs
$4.99
Skull Red Plaid Thigh-Highs
(Continued)

 














I really like these tights. They're basically thigh-high fishnets with a red plaid trim and skull embellishments. I plan on wearing these a lot in the future. The second picture is just to show the fishnet texture of the tights.




Skull Heart Necklace
$3.99
Skull Heart Necklace
(Continued)
















I only bought this necklace because it was on clearance and I thought it was cute. The chain will probably break because Hot Topic's accessories are generally of dodgy quality, but I'll probably just replace the chain and continue to wear the necklace if that happens. The second picture shows the skull-infested texture of the necklace.



Charlotte Russe

I originally was not going to go in Charlotte Russe because of time constraints and monetary constraints. However, I saw one dress in the window, and LOVED IT. When I say I love something, I'm not using that phrase lightly. I had to buy it, and luckily it was at a reasonable price.

Navy Polka Dot Dress
$19.99
Navy Polka Dot Dress
(Back)
















The lighting of the picture isn't the greatest, but the dots are actually a beige color rather than white. Also, it may be difficult to see the back, but there is a zipper for a tighter fit, and a horizontal oval-shaped cutout right under where the bra strap would be. This makes it easy to wear with either a regular bra or a strapless bra. Very convenient. It also fits well, which is a plus for me.



rue21


At rue21, I managed to pick up a tube top, a tank top, a pair of sandals, and a skirt.

Black Lace Tube Top
$4.99

Black and Yellow Stripe Tank Top
$2.99
















This tube top is very form-fitting and, if you can't see clearly, has cute lace detailing around the bust. It's a very simple, yet effective, garment. It came in several other colors, but if you can't already tell, black is most definitely my favorite color.

I picked up the tank top just because I thought it was cute. It fits well, though at first I thought it would be too tight because of its initial tiny appearance. However, the material is very stretchy, so it can fit many sizes.




rue21 etc! Studded Sandals
$24.99
rue21 etc! Studded Sandals
(Cont.)
















I loved these sandals from first sight. I admit, after trying them on, they are not the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. They look amazing, though. As shown in the second picture, the studded detailing on these shoes is beautiful. This is definitely one of my favorite pairs of shoes, even though they sacrifice comfort for awesomeness.




Black Lace Skirt
$19.99












Yes, yes, I KNOW, MOTHER. $19.99 for a petty skirt is somewhat expensive. This skirt is absolutely adorable, though, and it fits extremely well. I recommend it. It also looks great with the tube top shown earlier. I might possibly make a goth-inspired outfit post using these items because they work so well together. We shall see. Either way, I will enjoy wearing this skirt.




SHOES

I had money left over, so I bought three pairs of shoes. (All on sale, mwahaha)


Soda Turquoise "Object" Flats
$19.99
Gotta Flurt Houndstooth Sneakers
$29.99
















I loved the color of the Soda flats, so I decided to get them. :3

There were a couple of things I liked about the sneakers. The houndstooth print is definitely eye-catching, but the really cool thing about these shoes is that the tongue is reversible. One side is red, and the other side is also houndstooth print, matching the rest of the shoe. These sneakers also came with both black and off-white shoelaces, so you can decide which color you want. Very convenient!




Black Woven Sandals
$19.99
















All right, last pair. These just caught my eye and I thought they were cute. They run super small though, so I had to get them a size and a half larger than what I would normally wear.



That's it for my first haul! I hope you enjoyed reading, and I'm planning to make more posts, hopefully some tutorials, very soon! Thanks for reading!

0 comments: